Doctors & Staff
Meet the experienced and friendly doctors and staff who make Monticello Eye Center the leading provider of vision care products and services in Monticello.
John C. Corbin, O.D.
Michelle Kyser, O.D.
Hailey Shaffer, O.D.
Dr. Hailey Shaffer grew up in Monticello, IN where from an early age she had her eye set on the future of optometry. She started as an optometry technician during college breaks at Monticello Eye Center. Dr. Shaffer received her Doctor of Optometry degree from Indiana University School of Optometry in May 2017 and is happy to be back serving the town she grew up in.
Her special interests include: vision correction and contact lenses-using the most up to date lens materials, ocular disease management including: glaucoma, macular degeneration, cataracts, dry eye, and diabetic eye care. She does consultations and postoperative care for LASIK/refractive and cataract surgery. She is also an InfantSee doctor and does comprehensive eye assessments on infants as young as 6 months old.
In additional, Dr. Shaffer specializes in the management of myopia (nearsighted) in children. She works with special corneal reshaping therapy contacts (CRT) to address the issues of myopia and slow the progression. She is excited to offer these specialty lenses to the patients of Monticello Eye Center!
- Doctor of Optometry, Indiana University School of Optometry
- Bachelor in Science(Chemistry and Biology), University of Indianapolis
- Study Abroad, Irish American Program, Queens University Belfast, Northern Ireland
- Volunteer Optometric Service Trip (Frome, Jamaica)
- Johnson and Johnson 2017 Award of Excellence in Contact Lens Patient Care.
- Gold Key International Optometric Honor Society (2016)
- American Optometric Association
- Indiana Optometric Association
- Tecumseh Optometric Society
Dr. Shaffer loves traveling in and outside of the U.S.A. She enjoys spending time with her family, including playing with her cats, Sophie and Olive. Even with her “doctor handwriting,” she is still very creative and enjoys scrapbooking and crafting with her two sisters. She is a Disney fan who hopes to travel to all the Disney Parks in the World. During the spring and summer months, you can catch her watching the Chicago Cubs.